Up to £22360 per annum + + outstanding benefits
about 1 month ago
Vetro Recruitment is seeking a Personal Assistant (Carer/ Support Worker) for a Supported Living unit in the Alton area. This unit is home to 7 young people with additional needs.
Hours: 7x 24-hour shifts across a monthly period + 9.5 hours care & support hours.
Salary: £22,360 Per Annum plus benefits
Shift pattern: Start: 4pm work till 10.30pm - Sleep in duty, Awake at 7am, work till 4pm - Home
Start Date: ASAP
This is an exciting opportunity for a level 3 qualified Care professional! You will be enabling young people with additional needs to live as independently as possible, within their supported living home in the Alton area.
Support is tailored to meet the young peoples individual needs through person-centered planning in their own flats.
For the tenants (there are currently 7) this could be their first experience of independent living. The Personal Assistant/Carer/Support Workers play a key role in the lives of these individuals and you will need to always look for innovative new ways to assist the people you support to achieve the things that they want to achieve within their lives, as independently as possible.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject area e.g. Health & Social Care and be able to offer these individuals emotional, physical and domestic support alongside personal care and independence training, on a daily basis.
This role involves some lone working, shifts and sleep-in duties.
-To encourage tenants to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding and assisting them. Help tenants to identify the assistance they require to enable them to live as independently as possible. Help tenants to assume responsibility for their own development. This will encompass all aspects of everyday living.
- Support tenants to work on independent living goals, in line with their identified outcomes
- Provide personal care to a high standard.
- Assisting with prescribed medication, in line with company procedures and guidelines.
- Encourage tenants to organise their care routines and/or independence training and seek to develop relationships which will aid tenants towards greater maturity and independence.
- Support tenants with budgeting and managing their Direct Payments effectively.
- Support tenants in maintaining relationships with families, carers and friends.
- Develop skills in basic counselling, behaviour management and dealing with social and emotional problems. (Any major difficulties in these areas must be undertaken in close consultation with the PA Co-Coordinator or Deputy Head of Residential Services.)
- Support tenants to communicate with all other agencies. Working with other care professionals such as District Nurses, GPs, etc.
- Encourage tenants to make and attend medical, dental and specialist appointments and ensure the results are recorded.
- Ensure a consistent approach from all staff working within the project by following agreed care plans.
- Keep up-to-date records for each tenant using a standard proforma (using the Caresys IT system) in partnership with tenants.
- To support tenants to care for and maintain their personal equipment and belongings.
- To support tenants to access the community
Benefits to you:
- A wonderful working environment!
- Great team morale
- Ongoing training & development (Outstanding progression opportunities available)
- Hours of work are: 7 shifts per month (4pm/ 4.30pm starts) - sleeping nights & 9.5 hours of domiciliary care support per month
- £22,360 per annum (based on 7 shifts and 9.5 hours care support per month)
- 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Set shifts/rota
- Occupational Health
- Life Insurance
- A career & Progression opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity for a social, fun and experienced support worker who is looking for an ongoing career with young people! Please get in touch now!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.