We are actively seeking experienced Mental Health Support Workers to join our team at Vetro Recruitment, to work in a Low secure CAMHS service that provides specialist support for young females with severe and complex mental health conditions aged between 13 -18 years old. The service comprises of two wards, an admission ward and a transition ward.
The patients require a medium to long term placement with recovery-orientated specialist treatment in order for patients to progress on their care pathway towards rehabilitation care.
Supporting people with mental health conditions can include those with learning disabilities, personality disorders, forensic mental health, and serious mental illnesses. You will work alongside a multidisciplinary team to deliver a high level of therapeutic care, treatment, and rehabilitation to each patient.
Salary: £10.37 per hour
Location: Ebbw Vale
Hours: Full time and Part time hours available (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do weekdays/weekends
Shift Pattern: 7.30am - 7.30pm / 7.30pm - 7.30am / 11am - 7.30pm
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday pay
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Agency worker of the month
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be over the age of 21.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.