We are looking for driven individuals to come and join our team as support workers working within a low secure mental health unit in Pontypridd. The hospital is a low secure hospital offering treatment and rehabilitation for men and women in a forensic mental health care pathway.
The service is made of 47 beds split across 4 units, each unit provides special treatment, care and rehabilitation for adults with severe and enduring mental illnesses. The main goal is to get the patients back out into the community to lead a more independent lifestyle. This is achieved by focusing closely on rehabilitation and recovery and providing patients with the correct life skills, coping mechanisms and resilience that they need for when they move onto the next chapter of their lives.
The patients within your care can display high levels of challenging behaviours that some people may find distressing. Due to this, all staff members are required to have valid restraint training such as MAPA / TMVA / PMVA.
If you do not have the required training it is mandatory that you attend our specialist 3 day PMVA training course. This course usually costs £250 or more. We are able to offer this to you at a highly discounted price of £75! (We pay the remainder).
Job Type: Flexible on going work, full time and part time work available
Shifts: day shifts 07:30am-08:00pm night shifts 07:30pm-08:00pm
Pay: Pay rate £10.09 hourly (inclusive of holidays)
About the role:
Your role will involve providing specialist care to adults (18+) who have mental health issues to promote recovery and enable them to acquire the skills needed to manage their mental health. You will be required to meet with patients to assess their engagement levels and help ensure risk assessments are up to date to promote their safety.
What will you bring to the role?
As a support worker you will need to be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic. You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable adults to engage in different activities in the community.
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training ( PMVA )
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPP)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A comprehensive induction training programme
- Potential for career development within the site and organisation
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- On going training
- 24 hour support line from vetro nursing
- Immediate starts available
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- Right to work in the UK
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.
If this position sounds of interest and you think you have what it takes to be an excellent Support Worker then we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!