Up to £37000 per annum + excellent benefits
Menna Del Jones
about 1 year ago
Menna Del Williams
Multi Skilled Engineer
Work Days: 3 on 3 off, rotational shift
Excellent salary & benefits
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a conscientious and proactive individual to join their Engineering team as a Multi Skilled Technician.
The successful applicant will provide first line maintenance to the site covering both mechanical and electrical, breakdown, fault finding and scheduled maintenance activities.
Ensuring that the site manufacturing equipment is suitable and available for use, continuously monitoring and improving standards.
Performing planned maintenance and breakdown support to all areas of the site including all service facilities.
Understanding the impact the facilities have on the running of the plant, to ensure the site runs at optimum capacity, through quality engineering, striving to ensure maximum uptime against minimum downtime.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Experience of operating at a multi-skilled level, covering mechanical, control and electrical, with a working knowledge of all legislative requirements in all areas.
- Minimise downtime through effective fault and breakdown resolution where necessary and undertake scheduled maintenance activities to reduce the potential for breakdown.
- All site facilities (not just operational plant and equipment) - internally and externally to include all services, buildings, lighting, compressed air, steam, car parks, storage areas etc. - this list is not exhaustive.
- Health and safety as well as food hygiene and technical risks posed within the remit are assessed, ensuring risks are minimised at all times.
- Ensure full and effective communication with all relevant parties, including internal departments, such as, Engineering team, Management Team, Production staff and all company employees.
- Contact with representatives of outside organisations including customers, suppliers, contractors and enforcing authorities.
- To lead by example in encouraging appropriate behavioural standards in support of the company's values and culture, ensuring employees adhere to the company systems and procedures.
- To develop and maintain effective contractor development.
Skills and Competencies:
We are looking for someone that has the following behaviors
- 2 years minimum relevant experience in a similar environment at technician (multi-skilled) level
- Minimum Level 3 and 4 City & Guilds (or equivalent)
- HNC in Engineering or equivalent
- Preferred Time served apprenticeship, with appropriate mechanical and electrical capability (Depending on 'core' discipline)
- Excellent attitude towards Health and safety
- Preferable food industry experience or fast paced manufacturing environment