£20200 - £21600 per annum + pension, life insurance, cash plan
6 months ago
Our client; One of the largest SEN schools in the UK. Is currently looking for a waking student support worker to work within their residential unit based in Alton, Hampshire. This is a full time, permanent position working on average 37.5 hours per week. This job is paying £20,200 - £21,600 per year. Offering term time and full working year positions. This job is working for a large and very reputable organisation.
Our client provides education, care, therapy and medical support to young people with physical disabilities. The school caters for 160 children and is one of the largest in the uk. The school caters for children from 4- 18 years and a college for 16 - 25 year olds. There is also a nursery onsite which at this time does not require assistance.
They have over 750 staff members; career progression is a very important value of this organisation.
Candidates applying to this role must be happy with personal care and manual handling as there are lots involved in this job.
We are seeking both a term time waking night worker and a full years waking night worker.
- Working 11 hour per night waking night positions.
- Working 3 nights one week, 4 nights the next week, on a 2 week rolling rota.
- Be able to work every other weekend
- Comfortable supporting children and young people with physical disabilities
- Comfortable assisting in all aspects of care and support
- Comfortable undertaking medication and manual handling training
- Assisting with all aspects of Personal Care
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Dealing with challenging behaviours
- Meal preparation
Hours of work:
- 11 hour waking night shifts
- There are term time and full years positions available
- Working a 2 week rolling rota
- Every other weekend
- Overtime available if desired.
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Excellent benefits package including pension, health cash plan and life insurance.
- Clear career progression
- Reputable, well known company
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Free training
If you would like to hear more about this role please feel free to call Faye on 07469854010 for an informal chat or apply below.
Please note we are also seeking a day student support worker both term time and full year as well as a personal assistant. Please feel free to call me directly to discuss further or apply directly.
If you have always wanted to become a support worker but have never had the opportunity due to lack of experience or qualifications, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for! OR If you are already a support worker looking to for a new challenge, this role could offer your career the stepping stone to new opportunities working alongside other care professionals.
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online".One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.