New Forest, Hampshire
£8 - £8.50 per hour + Depending on Experience
10 months ago
We are seeking permanent night support workers for a full-time vacancy working across two homes in Hampshire - Totton & Romsey. You will be supporting young adults with learning difficulties including autism and Prader Willi Syndrome (PWS).
**Will consider people with no experience provided you are passionate about caring for individuals**
- Locations - Totton and Romsey.
- Salary £15,600-£16,575
- Pay scale is reviewed once induction, training and probationary period have been reached.
The organisation delivers high quality supported living services for adults with learning difficulties including autism and Prader Willi Syndrome (PWS), providing bespoke and person centred support to every individual using their services.
- To provide a support service that is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led
- Ensure that people using the services are at the centre of all that they do
- To enable people to achieve their aims and participate fully in activities and events as they choose.
- To enable people to contribute to the community through employment or voluntary work
- To develop a team of skilled and experienced staff
The Support Worker is responsible for delivering the highest quality of care and support to service users in accordance with company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the CQC.
Key areas and responsibilities:
The Support Worker;
- Must deliver high standards of support in a person-centred approach, which places the dignity and integrity of the individual service user in the forefront of their priorities.
- Will support individual service users with learning disabilities including challenging behaviour to undertake every day activities and functions.
- Will ensure individual service users to attain personal independence, choice and responsibility in their own home.
- Is responsible for ensuring they fulfil the requirements of the personalised support plans to meet the individual service user's physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Will support individual service users to contribute to local community life and activities by supporting existing relationships, promoting friendships and personal development of the individual service users.
- Will attend their place of work on time, appropriately dressed and notify the manager as early as possible when unable to report for work through illness
- Will participate in all supervision and appraisal systems, staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Will maintain accurate service records at all times
- Will maintain the confidentiality of information relating both to individual service users and company business
- Will comply with safe systems of work to protect the health and safety of service users, staff, themselves and others who might be affected by their work.
- Is responsible for working in accordance with Company and service risk assessments.
- Must work towards and complete objectives and achieve targets set for them.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!!
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: Full-time