The children in this setting have emotional and behavioural difficulties, so we are looking for someone who can be a role model - to provide care and practical support with personal development, building confidence, education and life skills to children in a residential setting.
No two days are ever the same so if you crave variety in your work, this is a great opportunity for you!
We also offer full training provided at Level 3, opportunities for further career development up to Level 5 and sector specialist additional training in a wide range of courses once your permanent contract and enhanced rate of pay once completed.
**Due to the rural location, and the tasks involved in the job, we can only consider applications from people who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Shifts and Pay
- Up to £21,840 (pro rata for part time)
- Full time, permanent contract at 40 hours per week
- Staff reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
As a Support Worker your duties will include;
- Key working with a particular child - you will play a pivotal role in their day to day life
- Be a positive influence
- Support the children to achieve their full potential
- Assist with daily activities; promoting independence, attending after school activities/clubs, family contact etc
- Support with education - encourage engagement and help with homework
- Liaise with external agencies, to advocate for the children
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting.
- Experience of working with young people is essential
- Experience of challenging behaviour
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable
If you are interested in being considered, please click APPLY and one of the team will be in touch.