£17000 - £19500 per annum
8 days ago
Are you passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential?
Are you observant and committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of others?
Are you looking for full time waking night hours?
-Night student Support Assistant - Alton
-£17,000- £19,500 Per Annum + outstanding Benefits
I am looking for Night Support Assistants to join a fun and friendly night team!
Your role will be to ensure the care and security of residential students overnight.
Would you like a new job with an organisation that provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities?
As Well as the safety and happiness of the young people, your aim will be to prepare young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
- Earning potential would be up to and around £15,659- £19,500 depending on qualifications.
- Shifts include alternate weekends (can sometimes be flexible). Times vary between 7pm-8am
- Pension from start of employment up to a max of 7.5%
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Cash plan
- Competitive Sick pay
- Generous Holiday leave.
- Training and Development
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Access to on-site swimming pool
As a Student Support Assistant, you will
- Help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required school policy and procedure. (Training is provided)
- Encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary.
- Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene.
- Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals and snacks
- Previous experience of working in a caring environment and/or with people with a learning difficulty or disability is desirable
- Willingness and ability to undertake work related training and utilise new skills and knowledge to enable improved support
- To be able to provide personal care relevant to the students' needs
Looking for the next step in your career?
Want to gain company funded training including the options of diplomas in Health & Social Care or even Teaching or Nursing degree's?!
Apply now to find out more about this exciting progressive opportunity!!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.