£30000 - £34500 per annum
6 days ago
I have an excellent opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to work within a specialist care centre based in Workington, Cumbria providing care and support to adults with mild LD & Autism.
What we are looking for:
- You will be an enthusiastic and dynamic therapist, working as part of a team to deliver Occupational Therapy services in accordance with the Codes of Practice of the College of Occupational Therapy.
- The Occupational Therapy process includes assessment, collaborative goal setting, intervention and evaluation. I
- Intervention will include the planning and delivery of meaningful activities of daily living within the service and the surrounding community.
- As an Occupational Therapist, you will be required to actively work as part of the MDT and be involved in the ongoing development of service user's individual treatment and care pathways.
- You will provide clinical direction and leadership to the OT Assistant and Health Care Support Workers in partnership with the wider Multidisciplinary Team (MDT).
- The post holder will undertake the clinical supervision of the OT Assistant and other OT personnel within their working area e.g. OT Students etc.
- You will be expected to manage a complex caseload and work in an innovative way to support the smooth running of the OT Service to include working on the units and will be required to offer individual and group activities.
- You will be required to work closely with Nursing and Healthcare Support Workers as well as other professions including Psychology, Psychiatry, SALT and Social Work.
- Knowledge of Healthcare environment
- Understanding of Mental Health diagnosis
- Good communication skills
- Organised / Confident
- Undertaken projects or work remotely or individually
- Communication Skills
- Ability to complete assessments and reports
- Understanding of Budgets
- Good interpersonal skills
£30,000 - £34,500 depending on hours worked, either 30 or 37.5 per week. extensive benefits and career progression pathways.
**If this opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**