Up to £40000 per annum
15 days ago
I have a superb opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to work within a specialist forensic hospital based near Charlwood, Surrey. The hospital provides care and support to adult males with mental health requirements, substance misuse and challenging behaviours.
- To provide comprehensive initial and continuing OT assessments, according to the agreed model to meet CPA guidelines and OT service delivery agreement.
- To plan and facilitate needs-led, evidence-based individual and group treatment programmes, under the supervision of Senior/Specialist OT.
- To plan and regularly review appropriate OT treatment programmes under the supervision of a Senior Specialist OT.
- To identify and action relevant referrals both in-house, including support staff, and to external agencies, under the supervision of a Senior/Specialist OT.
- To attend and actively contribute to CPA/Case review meetings, working collaboratively with MDT colleagues in the planning and delivery of patients treatment programme.
- To ensure that professional standards and COT Code of Conduct guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that local policies, procedures and protocols are adhered to at all times
- To participate in the planning, evaluation and audit of practices, clinical pathways and protocols in the services
- To respect the individually, values, cultural and religious diversity of patients and contribute to the provision of service sensitive to these needs.
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy and HCPC registration.
- RCOT membership is recommended but not mandatory.
- Mental health experience (either as a qualified OT or from student placements) is essential.
- Forensic experience is not mandatory; however, an understanding of the role and expectations is vital.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance.
£40,000 working 37.5 hours per week, plus extensive benefits and career progression opportunities.
**If this opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**