£26000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
i have a fantastic opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to work within a small specialist hospital based in Reading, Berkshire which provides care and support to adults with Schizophrenia disorder and other complex care requirements.
About the role:
- You will be able to manage a designated clinical caseload to a high professional standard, using theoretical and practical experience, within the process and practices of Occupational Therapy, and will work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Plan and implement individual and group interventions collaboratively with patient/s.
- Maintain accurate patient records, including care notes, written reports and discharge summaries in accordance with hospital and professional standard.
- Establish effective communication with patients and their carers, all staff and other agencies.
- Actively implement evidence-based practice.
- Participate in peer group events through in-service training.
- Actively ensuring regular clinical and managerial supervision.
- To review and reflect on own practice and performance through effective professional and clinical supervision and annual appraisal, as directed in Operational policies and procedures.
- Contribute to planning, development and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy service and the wider service of the hospital.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the Health Professional Council
- Evidence of fieldwork and or employment within the Rehabilitation field of Psychiatry.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Health Professional Council Registration.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if required.
- Commitment to continuous development of self and others.
- Demonstrate strategies for dealing with stress.
- Ability to think laterally and be creative.
- Ability to relate effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to build good working relationship with staff and clients.
£26,000 - £30,000 working full time 37.5 hrs per week, extensive benefits, clear career pathways.
** if the opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**