£18000 - £18500 per annum + Extensive benefit package
10 months ago
6 Months FT
Outreach Support Worker - Chelmsford
Full Time - 37.5 hours / £18,250 per annum - £9.36 per hour + a great benefit package.
Vetro are looking to recruit an Outreach Support Worker to join a supported housing scheme, comprising of shared self-contained flats based in Chelmsford, this is based on a fixed 6 month contract on behalf of a leading care organisation who pride themselves on providing homes and residential care services to thousands across London and the South East.
- You will be supporting single homeless people of varying ages during a period of assessment by the local authority, with regard to their housing applications.
- You will manage a caseload, supporting them to manage their income and living on a budget, their physical and mental health issues, welfare benefits applications to maximise their income.
- You will also offer move on support, to assist in finding suitable accommodation
- Provide practical and emotional support to service users in their day to day life activities
- To work with the Team Manager and other colleagues to ensure that a robust housing management service is delivered
Experience, skills and qualifications:
You must demonstrate a commitment to providing a high quality customer service and experience of working with similar service users to those accessing services. Excellent communication skills as well as an understanding of the issues faced by homeless people are essential for this role. Relevant paid or voluntary experience of working within a similar environment including housing advice, advocacy work or residential work is essential. You will also have good IT skills using Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Real Living Wage Employer
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays.
- Sleep-in payments
- Paid Mileage
- Competitive pension contribution matched 1:1.
- Paid Induction Training.
- Paid Enhance DBS
- Annual pay review.