£13 - £16 per hour
6 months ago
Interim Deputy Community Leader required immediately in Preston
Purpose of role: to lead two services for adults with learning disabilities based in Preston, and ensure they are operating to CQC Good standards
The services are a registered care home for 4 people which previously was judged as "requires improvement", and a supported living service for 7 people (in one building, with 2 3-bed flats and one 1-bed flat) which was previously judged as "Good" Although there are only 7 people living there. It is a large and complex service; some people have 1:1 support at all times with 2:1 for personal care or going out.
- Recruiting new assistants to fill gaps in the teams
- Ensuring induction, training, supervision and support of assistants is robust
- Ensuring the standard of care and support delivered is good
- Ensuring support planning is up to date, outcomes focused and person-centred
- A new service user has just arrived who needs to be supported to settle in, and her flatmates supported to live well with her
- CQC inspection of the care home is imminent
- Re-negotiation of significant funding is on-going
- We employs a mix of live-in and live-out assistants. The Live-in assistants live alongside the people with disabilities, receiving free board and lodging and subsistence. The live-outs are on standard terms and conditions. There are gaps in both groups of assistants.
- Reporting to the Community Leader
- Managing the House Leader and deputies, in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- Liaising very closely with the Regional Leader
Resources to support the interim leader
- Approx. 2 days a week of Quality Projects Manager time to assist with preparing for CQC, supervision, documentation, quality audits etc
- There is a House Leader, a deputy and the supported living service.
- The Regional Leader will lead on the funding negotiations, since these are in progress
- The CQC Nominated individual is available by phone, and will visit for induction and support
- Need to be based in Preston 3 days a week but would consider full time applicants as well
Length of contract
- 3 months initially with a chance of extension
Profile of our ideal candidate
- An experienced manager who can stabilise and support a team of assistants, giving an air of authority and confidence
- Able to stand back and see the key improvements which are needed, but also able to take charge of the detail if needed (eg knows whether the rota is adequately drawn up so that the service is safe and people's support requirements are met, and takes action if the rota is not adequate.)
- They must be up to date with CQC requirements and best practice in learning disability services, and able to lead by example, observing assistants and modelling good practice
- Mature, with an ability to liaise sensitively but robustly with family members, some of whom express regular and on-going concerns about the support their family members are receiving.
- Willing to consider a different arrangement (eg more or fewer hours) depending on skills of perspective candidates
- Weekly Pay.
- Flexible shift patterns to fit lifestyle commitments.
- Full-Time Support Workers contracts and temp to perm contracts also available
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free Training - Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme - Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates.
We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're
here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
All roles will involve providing daily care and support for our children and young people including personal care needs, mobility, daily routine support, communication, independent living skills, learning and leisure activities. Some challenging behaviours may present, so similar experience is preferred but not essential.