£23720 - £35970 per annum + SEN1
7 months ago
ASAP - January
Salary: MPS + SEN1
Hours: Permanent - Part-time, 3 days, ideally Wednesday to Friday
Start date: ASAP - Spring Term
Closing Date: 5/12/19
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced teacher to join a small, independent Residential School to work with pupils between the ages of 7 and 25 with SEN (including ASD). The school are looking for a teacher with creative and flexible teaching techniques to meet the needs of the learners. This is a challenging role which will require you to take on new challenges but is immensely rewarding and the post will suit professional individuals who are prepared to work collaboratively in a creative, caring and supportive environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with learners with:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Social, Emotional and Mental health Needs (SEMH) previously known as
- Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD)
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)
- Attachment Disorder
Duties will include:
- Planning lessons to cater for SEN pupils
- Communicating with parents, teachers, administrative staff
- Marking and assessment
- Monitor and implement the National Curriculum Key Stages
- Contributing to school events
- Classroom management
- Record keeping for each pupil, maintaining an up to date Behaviour Management Plan
- Assessing knowledge through tests/assignments
- Making effective use of teaching materials to ensure excellent planning and delivery of the curriculum within the SEN environment
- Assist in communications with examining bodies e.g. AQA, ASDAN
- Work closely with various specialists including Behaviour Consultants, Speech & Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
Benefits of working with Vetro:
- Quick registration (Enhanced DBS check)
- Professional development
- CV writing and support
- Interview preparation
- Free Training
- A company that listens and values you
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee of the month £50 Love2Shop voucher
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Education, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Education acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.