Up to £40000 per annum
5 months ago
I have an excellent opportunity for a Practice Nurse RGN to work within a specialist hospital based in Horley which provides care and support to young adult men with mental health & substance misuse issues.
About the role:
- Take the lead in developing best practice and provide clinical advice to ward based staff on patients physical health related issues.
- Establish and implement an annual physical and full medical screening for all patients, advising on well men issues.
- Establish and implement a screening process, taking bloods where necessary, to meet the mandatory testing requirements for prescribed medication.
- Provide a programme of health promotion activity for patients to include well men's issues, healthy lifestyles and smoking cessation.
- Assess and manage minor physical ailments referring to other professions as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate our visiting GP service.
- To work collaboratively with specialist service providers i.e. physiotherapy, dieticians, and chiropodist.
- Supervision of junior staff.
- Personal development needs.
- Basic risk assessment on a day-to-day basis in relation to individual patients activities of daily living.
- Evidence of clinical practice development
- Demonstrates effective verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- Successful experience in working as a member of a MDT and creating a professional role.
£40,000 working full time 37.5 hours per week, plus extensive benefits and a range of career progression opportunities.