£18250 - £23370 per annum
about 1 month ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
Are you looking for an exciting new role within the Care Sector?
We are looking for Support Workers to join a well-established Children and Young People's residential service supporting vulnerable young people in the Salisbury area.
The organisation supports and educates children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviours. All homes are 2-6 bedded and secure placements are offered to young people aged 7-18 years old.
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: Basic salary of £18,250 - £23,370 per year.
Hours: Full Time - Permanent - 39 hours a week.
Shifts: You would work on a 24 hour sleep-in shift pattern (2-3 sleep in shifts per week). Shifts are worked on a 3-week rolling rota.
- Supporting children / young people in all aspects of their daily lives.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment within the homes.
- Being confident in dealing with behaviours of concern.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Safeguarding children and young people at all times.
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- Experience of working with young people is desirable but not essential.
- Must have a passion for working with children and young people.
- You MUST hold a driving licence due to the rural location of the home and you will be required to transport the young people into the community.
- You must be over the age of 22.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People is desirable.
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training.
- Enhanced DBS cost coverage.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!