£35000 - £43000 per annum
Menna Del Jones
3 months ago
Menna Del Williams
Salary £35,000 - £43,000
Our client, a market leader who is part of a global Engineering Group work within the Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Oil & Gas and Defence is currently looking for a QHSE Manager to join their team.
Reporting directly into the Head of Operations, the QHSE Manager role is the key customer facing contact for all quality matters and is responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer quality concerns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the business complies with all legal and moral responsibilities, with regards to Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management. Whilst also ensuring that the company and the policies are AS9100 revision D compliant.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of managing compliance within a fast paced AS9100 aerospace environment.
- A knowledge of health & safety practices and the importance of their correct implementation in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to write and implement policies and procedures.
- A knowledge of, and experience of quality tools including SPC Charts, Check-sheets, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams and FlowCharts, PFMEA, PPAP, 8D, Lean Manufacturing. Six Sigma knowledge would be desirable.
- Demonstrable record of maintaining and sustaining compliance of policies, procedures and a business management system in general.
- NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate in Health and Safety is desirable. Training for this qualification could be provided for the right candidate.
- Quality Management qualifications would be an advantage but experience of working in a quality engineering/managerial position is essential.
- A "can-do" attitude to ensure delivery of continual improvement culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- A team player with the ability to actively participate within the team and lead by example, acting in a professional manner at all times.
- A strong communicator and a good listener who will have strong influencing skills to encourage improvement ideas at all levels of the business.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure.
- Willingness to make decisions as and when needed, particularly in times of pressure.
- A flexible approach and willingness to work additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.