Vetro recruitment are currently recruiting for a Service Manager for one of the UK's leading providers of support services for people with Intellectual Difficulties in a residential setting. Managing two services in the Shrewsbury area, the Service Manager will be responsible for delivering excellent operational services and regular supervision of the very established staff team.
If you are passionate about providing excellent quality of support to adults with learning difficulties and are patient, inspiring, caring and sensitive towards the needs of vulnerable people this could be the perfect role for you!
Salary: £30k plus Benefits
Hours of work:
- 40hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (although you would be required to be flexible to suit the needs of the service)
The successful candidate:
- Will have a minimum of 2 years experience of management
- Will have a minimum of QCF/NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care
- Will be focused and motivated to deliver excellent quality care and support
- Will be motivational with leadership skills
- Will be a self-starter with attention to prompt timekeeping
- Will be organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Will have excellent communication skills
- Will have excellent financial skills
- Will demonstrate a person-centred approach to delivery of services
The duties of the Service Manager:
- To monitor and support the delivery of person-centred services to all people using the service.
- To monitor and support the health and safety of both people using the service and support staff
- To ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations and standards.
- In the absence of the Area Manager to take other responsibilities for all aspects of the operation of the office.
- To provide supervision and support to Team Leaders through effective recruitment and selection, coaching and Performance Management as well as Support to manage their team of Support Workers.
- To ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
- To use and update IT processes to include the completion of accurate rota and timesheet information using Cold Harbour system
- To work effectively with external agencies to promote the work of the organization and to increase referrals and placements within the Area in line with defined business targets.
- To develop knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering service specific training as and when required
- To develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement
- Opportunity to do your QCF level 5
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits
- Childcare Vouchers
- Access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave
- Supportive Management and pier team
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply".One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.