£30000 - £35000 per annum
19 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are now looking to appoint a Registered Manager to manage one of our Children's homes where we are registered to accommodate up to 6 children with profound and complex learning difficulties, based in Stoke Gifford - Bristol
Salary: up to £35,000 p/annum
Location: Stoke Gifford - BS34 postal code
Permanent full time position
As our Registered Manager; your role will be to ensure that we continue to excel in making a real difference to every child we support and improving their outcomes.
To do this you'll provide inspiring; trust based leadership to the team and will use your knowledge and experience to support their training, motivation and development to ensure we meet and exceed the needs of the children in our care.
The role comes with a high level of autonomy and the opportunity to grow within our rapidly expanding organisation.
The key to this role is a continuous focus on quality; therefore you'll regularly review the level of care provided to ensure we meet and exceed the required standards by OFSTED and continuously look at ways to develop and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our home.
Naturally; you'll want to demonstrate a respect for all our children, putting them at the centre of their care and have a positive therapeutic response to those with challenging behaviour.
Whilst the needs of our children can be complex (that will require a high level of personal resilience); the role can be totally rewarding through every child's progression on their own unique journey.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a managerial role within a residential setting working with young people
- Previously Registered as a Children's Home Manager with OFSTED (desirable)
- Level 3 in Residential Child Care or equivalent
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children and Young Peoples services (or equivalent - desirable)
- Good knowledge of working with children with conditions such as ODD, Asperger's, ADHD, Mental health difficulties or attachment disorders
- A good understanding of therapeutic models of care
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and legislation
- Effective supervision, training and leadership skills
- Ability to promote a positive approach to and management of challenging behaviour and to challenge poor practice
- Excellent communication skills (with children, parents and external professionals) and report writing skills
To apply for this position, please get in touch with Alex on 029 21 660 880 or alternatively apply via this job ad.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Nursing acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.