£30000 - £40000 per annum
28 days ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced full-time and permanent Registered Manager to join a well-established, dynamic and fast paced Children's Residential home in Wiltshire. The organisation supports children with emotional behavioural difficulties and behaviours that can be challenging. Homes are based in Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury.
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Hours: 37.5hrs a week 9am-5pm.
This organisation supports and educates children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviours within a 4-bed residential setting. Secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- The role of Registered Manager is to provide managerial leadership and be an appropriate role model for all employees and young people at the organisation.
- Being accountable for a residential setting and working holistically with young people who have experienced family crises and who struggle to manage their behaviour.
- Effectively manage the onsite inspection process by acting as the interface with OFSTED.
- Ensure the home is staffed adequately by managing the team to include daily rota management, holiday requests, absence cover, attendance at training and sessional bank.
- To provide a 24 hr on-call provision whilst on the on-call rota system.
- Be able to work well under pressure.
- Able to work individually, using initiative and work and as part of a team.
- To maintain good communication systems within your home.
- People's care plan and placement plan. You will always ensure that any relevant amendments are adhered to.
- Complete Regulation 45 reports every six months, identifying recommendations and implementing action plans.
- Participate in recruitment, training and development of staff to meet the objectives for the home within agreed principles.
- Take an active role in the management of referrals into and out of the home to provide a smooth, well planned transition period.
- Ensure that safeguarding is followed at all times.
Experience and Qualifications:
- It is an essential requirement that Registered Managers either hold or are actively studying for an NVQ Level 5 qualification in Leadership and Management in Residential Care or relevant alternative, and gain this qualification within 3 years of appointment.
- Must hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare or other equivalent and relevant qualification.
- Good standard of reading, writing and IT literate.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Empathetic and caring.
- Able to plan ahead, manage time and prioritise.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential.
- Must be aged 23 or over.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and wellbeing of young people.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working with children in the last 5 years and at least 1 year at Senior level of Supervision or Management experience, working with children, young people and their families Work in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of current OFSTED inspection framework.
- Knowledge of relevant legal frameworks and safeguarding.
- Able to work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 year's experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.