£35000 - £45000 per annum
19 days ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced full-time and permanent Registered Manager to join a well-established, 5 bedded Children's Residential home in Upper Knowle, Bristol. The organisation supports children with emotional behavioural difficulties and behaviours that can be challenging, along with Learning Difficulties, including Autism and associated complex needs up to 19 years of age.
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Hours: 37.5hrs a week 9am-5pm.
This organisation supports and educates children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviours, along with a diagnosis of Learning Difficulties, including Autism, ADHD and associated complex needs up to 19 years old.
Staff at this Children's Home are committed to providing a safe, nurturing and motivating environment where young people with learning difficulties including autism and atypical ASD and associated complex needs, including behaviour that challenges, can stabilise their behaviour and receive autism specific support that is child centred.
The home looks to see the world through the eyes of those who are on the autistic spectrum and utilise this perspective to enable and support the young people, to support them to function as independently as possible within our society.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- To take overall responsibility for the management and leadership of the Children's Home as the Registered manager in charge, promoting high standards of care in line with their regulatory bodies.
- Ensure all employees within the home understand their role, so that they are able to undertake their duties and responsibilities.
- Comply with all statutory / legislative requirements.
- Maintain a positive working environment.
- Arrange admissions of young people to the home in line with the company policy and procedure.
- Manage people matters and challenging situations such as discipline, grievance, capability and absence.
- To manage staff rota.
Experience and Qualifications:
- It is an essential requirement that Registered Managers either hold or are actively studying for an NVQ Level 5 qualification in Leadership and Management in Residential Care or relevant alternative, and gain this qualification within 3 years of appointment.
- Must hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare or other equivalent and relevant qualification.
- A sound working knowledge of the statutory requirements associated with the residential care of young people. This will include Children's Homes Regulations, Health and Safety legislations etc.
- Good standard of reading, writing and IT literate.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Empathetic, resilient and caring.
- Able to plan ahead, manage time and prioritise.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential.
- Must be aged 23 or over.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and wellbeing of young people.
- At least 2 years' experience working with children in the last 5 years and at least 1 year at Senior level of Supervision or Management experience, working with children, young people and their families Work in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of current OFSTED inspection framework.
- Knowledge of relevant legal frameworks and safeguarding.
- Able to work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 year's experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.