New Milton, Hampshire
£32000 - £37000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Are you a registered manager looking for a new position within an 'oustanding' Children's Service?
- Do you have a management qualification of at least or equivalent to Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social care for Children and Young people?
Please note, you must have completed the full registration process and be declared fit by OFSTED to apply for this role.
To take overall responsibility for the management and leadership of a 7 bedded Children's Home as the Registered Manager in charge, promoting high standards of care in line with regulatory bodies.
As the Registered Manager, you will ensure the young people receive excellent levels of emotional and physical care, within a home that offers a safe, nurturing and comfortable environment with a staff team that is supportive and provides opportunities and experiences to instil positive values and reaffirm the importance of children enjoying a childhood.
- Full time hours - based on 37.5 per week
- Salary- £32,000- £37,000
- Location- Southampton
- Sector- Children's Services
- Complex social, psychological and behavioural difficulties
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- You will have a sound working knowledge of the statutory requirements associated with the residential care of young people. This will include Children's Homes Regulations, Health and Safety legislation etc.
- You will have a management qualification of at least or equivalent to Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social care for Children and Young people. The role holder must have completed the full registration process and declared fit by OFSTED.
- You will need proven people management skills within a residential setting, including motivating, directing, delegating. Proven organisational skills. Proven financial management skills.
- You will have at least 2 years' experience in a managerial role within a children's residential setting.
In return you will benefit from:
- A happy home with a positive ethos
- Support from experienced Senior Managers who line manage the children's home managers
- Excellent progression and training opportunities
- Regular opportunities to reflect on wider professional issues with colleagues in similar services
- A generous remuneration package.
What are you waiting for?! Click apply now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are made on merits alone.