£34500 - £44000 per annum + depending on hours
5 months ago
Your role will be to ensure the highest standards of care and service are delivered to residents, whilst maintaining independence, dignity, respect and choice in a homely environment.
To promote and tend to residents by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and MDT members, to provide physical and psychological support to residents, friends and families. To train and supervise staff members to carry out their job effectively.
This role is based on 3-4 waking nights per week depending on your availability. Shifts will be between 7.15pm-7.30am
- Current registration with NMC
- Experience working with the elderly, +/or dementia care
- Leading a team of junior staff Planning residents care
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise
- Effective communicator
- flexible and trustworthy
- Availability to work 3-4 nights per week
- Take responsibility for the home in the absence of the Manager and Clinical Lead
- Act professionally always, working with the NMC professional code of conduct, the Care Standards Act 2000, the Care Home Regulations 2001, and CQC Regulations.
- Evidence ongoing self-development. Attend all statutory training sessions, clinical and professional development sessions to comply with professional requirements, making certain that personal practice remains evidence based.
- Take accountability for medication rounds making sure that medication is administered strictly in line with policies and procedures adhering to the NMC code of professional practice and the NMC guidelines for the administration of Medicines.
- Keep accurate records per the procedures, eg: drug administration, accidents and incidents and care planning.
- Attend meetings and contribute to the overall operational effectiveness of the home.
- Liaise with GP's, District Nurses, Social Workers, local hospitals and other members of MDT and arrange visits as necessary.
- Ensure the residents receive the highest standard of care by providing effective day to day supervision, communication and management of care staff, visiting agency staff or any staff member from the multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist the Manager & Clinical Lead in the appraisal of care staff, identifying their training needs and promoting their personal and professional development.
- Be responsible for health and safety of self, other staff, residents & visitors under the Health & Safety regulations. Report any hazards, potential hazards or defects to the person in charge or take other appropriate action.
- Ensure the needs of each resident are assessed and that they receive the highest standard of care and service appropriate to those identified needs.
- Ensure each resident has an up to date and agreed care doc which details the interventions necessary : evaluating and reviewing the care plans in line with our polices
This is not an exhaustive list and may be reviewed at any time to reflect current or changing practices.
- To ensure the homes high standards are maintained and that each team member treats all residents in a way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- To attend resident's meetings to discuss new menu ideas and take into account their wishes.
- Adhere to the homes policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the protection of vulnerable adults and whistle blowing procedures and when they should be implemented.
- Undertake any other duties or training consistent with the role Person Specification
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.