**Join our team now to be eligible for our £300 Registration Bonus!**
Supporting vulnerable patients with general medical care needs, you will have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide first class treatment to each patient in your care in an often busy environment.
We are actively seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our team at Vetro Recruitment, to work on the specialist Head & Neck Surgery unit at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.
***Immediate starts available. ***
Job Type: Flexible agency work. Block bookings also available FT or PT
Shifts: 07:00 - 15:00/12:00 - 20:00/07:00 - 19:30/19:00 - 07:30
Registration Bonus: £300*
£22.75 to £36.98 per hour (PAYE)
£25.86 to £42.66 per hour (Umbrella - FCSA Accredited)
About the Role:
The University Hospital of Wales, also known as the Heath Hospital, is a major 1,000-bed hospital in the Heath district of Cardiff. UHW is a teaching hospital of Cardiff University School of Medicine and was Europe's first fully integrated hospital and medical school. The hospital is the third largest University Hospital in the UK, and the largest hospital in Wales.
This is very likely the hospital in Wales where opportunities for nurses to enhance their clinical skills are more readily available due to its size.
Ward B6 could be the right choice for you. It is a 38 bed Amber Surgery ward that cares for a range of emergency elective surgical patients but specialising in both Head and Neck and Urology. There are many skills to learn in this busy, dynamic area whilst working with a strong and supportive team.
One side of the ward is for patients following elective and emergency surgery, within Head & Neck. The specialties are Ear Nose & Throat, Oral Maxillofacial and Ophthalmology and include highly specialised complex airway management. On the other end of the ward, Urology patients - one of the most varied branches of surgery which encompasses diseases of kidneys, bladder and prostate, including cancer and bladder reconstructive surgery - are nursed. Due to the ongoing Covid 19 response, ward B6 also currently has the capacity to care for patients following Covid illness.
We have ongoing, flexible shifts available with either full or part-time hours to suit your availability. We are especially interested to hear from RGNs who are compassionate, committed and have experience nursing in various specialities. You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients, providing a first class service and commitment to making a difference in the lives of these patients and their families.
Duties will include:
- Administering medication
- Reviewing and planning care for patients
- The implementation of care and treatment plans
- Liaising with other professionals to deliver care to patients, including liaising with families.
- £300 Registration Bonus (T's & C's apply)*
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, PAYE and Umbrella welcome
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Agency worker of the month
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training
- Free nurse revalidation with our in-house Vetro nurse
- Access to NHS & private sector vacancies
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday pay, contributed pension
- Free uniform
- £250 Referral Bonus
- You must be an RGN with at least 6 months relevant and recent experience
- You must hold a valid NMC PIN
- Up-to-date training certificates - All Wales Passport Practical Training (Moving & Manual Handling AND Violence & Aggression Training)
- Right to work in the UK
Can you deliver a holistic and therapeutic approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of patients in your care? Does this sound like an opportunity you would be interested in? Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Watch our ‘About Us’ by clicking on the below link:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.