**Join our team now to be eligible for our £300 Registration Bonus!**
Supporting vulnerable patients with Trauma Care needs, you will have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide first class treatment to each patient in your care in an often busy environment.
We are actively seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RGN) to join our team at Vetro Recruitment, to work at the Major Trauma Centre at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.
***Immediate starts available. ***
Job Type: Flexible agency work. Block bookings also available FT or PT
Shifts: 07:00 - 15:00/12:00 - 20:00/07:00 - 19:30/19:00 - 07:30
Registration Bonus: £300*
£22.75 to £36.98 per hour (PAYE)
£25.86 to £42.66 per hour (Umbrella - FCSA Accredited)
About the Role:
The new Major Trauma Network for Mid, South and West Wales went live in September 2020, the purpose of which is to improve care and outcomes for Major Trauma Patients.
The Major Trauma Centre is responsible for caring for patients with a diverse range of injuries with the vision of improving outcomes through the delivery of specialist care and rehabilitation.
As part of the Major Trauma Centre pathway there is a new designated Polytrauma Unit. This is a 14 bedded unit with 6 level 1 beds and 8 level 0 beds providing care for a range of patients with complex injuries including Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord and Column injuries, Cardiothoracic and Vascular injuries, Plastic injury, General Surgery and Maxillo-facial injuries. The range of patients require diverse skills and thus joining the team will allow you to develop new skills and knowledge as well as hopefully bringing your existing skills and knowledge to share with them.
This specialised unit operates using a multidisciplinary approach to deliver care and to achieve the best outcomes for patients. Standards are maintained through audit & governance and educational programmes for staff. This exciting development is pioneering for Wales with lots of opportunities for staff development.
We have ongoing, flexible shifts available with either full or part-time hours to suit your availability. We are especially interested to hear from RGNs who are compassionate, committed and have experience nursing in Trauma Care. You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients, providing a first class service and commitment to making a difference in the lives of these patients and their families.
Duties will include:
- Administering medication
- Reviewing and planning care for patients
- The implementation of care and treatment plans
- Liaising with other professionals to deliver care to patients, including liaising with families.
- £300 Registration Bonus (T's & C's apply)*
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, PAYE and Umbrella welcome
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Agency worker of the month
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training
- Free nurse revalidation with our in-house Vetro nurse
- Access to NHS & private sector vacancies
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday pay, contributed pension
- Free uniform
- £250 Referral Bonus
- You must be an RGN with at least 6 months relevant and recent experience
- You must hold a valid NMC PIN
- Up-to-date training certificates - All Wales Passport Practical Training (Moving & Manual Handling AND Violence & Aggression Training)
- Right to work in the UK
Can you deliver a holistic and therapeutic approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of patients in your care? Does this sound like an opportunity you would be interested in? Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Watch our ‘About Us’ by clicking on the below link:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.