£21750 - £25056 per annum + 30 days holiday + overtime available!!
18 days ago
Have you always wanted to work as a children's residential support worker but never had the chance?
Or are you a Children's Residential Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties looking for a new challenge?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join an incredibly passionate team of staff supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties in Salisbury.
As a children's residential support worker you will work in a 2 - 6 bed children's residential service in the Salisbury area supporting young people between the ages of 10 - 16 who have experienced trauma.
Following a therapeutic approach to their care, you will support them in every area of their lives, from emotional and practical support to engaging them to do activities such as football, swimming, trips to theme parks to name a few!!
Salary: £21,750 - £25,056 (sleep allowance included - salary dependant on experience & qualifications)
Hours: Full time - Permanent
Shift pattern: Varied including sleep shifts i.e 9.30am - 11pm sleep 7am - 11pm sleep 7am - 10.30am
A small social enterprise, the organisation is unique within children's service as it re-invests all the money made back into the lives of the children and young people they support. The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable
- Experience of working with young people is essential
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 19
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Residential Childcare or Children & Young People
- 30 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If you are looking for a rewarding job where no two days are the same and you get paid to go to theme parks….
One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.