We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a small, settled and happy home that supports young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
A huge part of the role is joining in and supporting the young people with activities they love; so we are looking for people who enjoy sports / gaming / crafts / baking and being outside! This is an opportunity to get paid to do hobbies you enjoy!
You will be supported to gain vocational qualifications which will help to ensure you can carry out your work to the very highest standard, provide unmatched levels of care, as well enhancing your pay and career progression.
Salary: £22,759 - £26,090 (Inclusive of sleep ins)
Hours: Full time 39hrs
Shift pattern: Rolling Rota
This includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends & bank holidays. You will work 6-8 sleep-in shifts a month
** Due to the responsibilities involved in the role we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving licence and access to a car **
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled virtual e-training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- No two days are ever the same
- Ability to make a real impact on the lives of young people
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is DESIRABLE
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is DESIRABLE
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
- Applicants must be over the age of 23 ESSENTIAL
- Applicants must be flexible around working shift patterns including some weekends ESSENTIAL
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.