I am looking for ENTHUSIASTIC and MOTIVATED individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same,going on trips to theme parks and getting involved in activities are definitely part of the job !
You will be working in a STUNNING detached residential service set in many acres of well fenced grounds within walking distance of Oswestry town. The property has no immediate neighbours and the grounds give privacy and space for recreation. The home, which is currently rated “Good” with Ofsted, is a well established children's service specifically designed to support the development of independent living skills for children & young people with EBD.
The organisation is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist therapeutic care to children & young people and they have been internationally recognised for their excellence and expertise.
Salary: £24162.40 - £27136.80 (Inclusive of sleep ins)
Location: Oswestry, Shropshire
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week
Shift pattern: Rota of generally 2 on 4 off, training and meetings etc
** Due to the responsibilities involved in the role we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving license**
- Benefit from a true therapeutically led multi- disciplinary model of working which gives you lots of support in your role
- Work with colleagues with values that aim for the absolutely best outcomes for the young people
- Free meals on shift and opportunity to try out great activities (Outdoor activities, educational visits, leisure pursuits, theme parks etc…)
- You do not have to use your own vehicle- when on duty with young people a company car is provided
- 4 week paid induction programme
- Free DBS check
- Free parking
- Opportunity to apply for friends & family grants
- Employee Benefits scheme
- Team building events
- Employee recognition schemes
- Recommend a Friend Scheme- earn up to £500 per referral (T&C’s apply)
- Pension scheme
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable ● Experience of working with young people is essential
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.