I am looking for ENTHUSIASTIC and CARING individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The home is a 5 x bedded home that specialises in supporting children with Physical needs, ASD and Learning disabilities.
A caring and supporting individual will be best suited for this role, someone who wants to make a difference and really cares about the development and wellbeing of the children and someone who isn't afraid to get stuck in
The organisation is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist therapeutic care to children & young people and they have been internationally recognised for their excellence and expertise.
Salary: £20,962 - £22,425
Location: Staffordshire (Leek - ST13 Post Code)
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shift pattern: Rota basis (Variety of shift patterns, weekend availability will be needed on a rota basis)
- Benefit from a true therapeutically led multi- disciplinary model of working which gives you lots of support in your role
- Work with colleagues with values that aim for the absolutely best outcomes for the young people
- Free meals on shift and opportunity to try out great activities (Outdoor activities, educational visits, leisure pursuits, theme parks etc…)
- You do not have to use your own vehicle- when on duty with young people a company car is provided
- Free DBS check
- Free parking
- Opportunity to apply for friends & family grants
- Employee Benefits scheme
- Team building events
- Employee recognition schemes
- Pension scheme
- Training and development in all areas (staff progression and development is encouraged)
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is DESIRABLE
- Experience of working with young people is DESIRABLE
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is DESIRABLE
- Due to the nature of the job you will be required to do personal care.
- You will need to hold a vallid UK driving licence
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now