I am looking for ENTHUSIASTIC and CARING individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
A caring and supporting individual will be best suited for this role, someone who wants to make a difference and really cares about the development and wellbeing of the children.
The organisation is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist therapeutic care to children & young people and they have been internationally recognised for their excellence and expertise.
Salary: £20,962 - £22,425
Location: Brierley Hill DY5 (Post code)
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shift pattern: Rota basis
** Due to the responsibilities involved in the role we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving license**
- Benefit from a true therapeutically led multi- disciplinary model of working which gives you lots of support in your role
- Work with colleagues with values that aim for the absolutely best outcomes for the young people
- Free meals on shift and opportunity to try out great activities (Outdoor activities, educational visits, leisure pursuits, theme parks etc…)
- You do not have to use your own vehicle- when on duty with young people a company car is provided
- Free DBS check
- Free parking
- Opportunity to apply for friends & family grants
- Employee Benefits scheme
- Team building events
- Employee recognition schemes
- Pension scheme
- Training and development in all areas (staff progression and development is encouraged)
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is DESIRABLE
- Experience of working with young people is DESIRABLE
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is DESIRABLE
- Training and development will be given in any areas needed to supoprt and develop staff
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now