Or are you a Children's Residential Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties looking for a new challenge?
I am currently recruiting for a children’s residential support worker to work in a small children’s residential service in the Hereford area supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with EBD.
Salary: £22,744 - £23,656 (sleep in allowance included)
Hours: Full Time and Permanent
Shift Pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep / 7am – 11pm sleep / 7am – 8am
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child-focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children to achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is essential.
- Experience of working with young people is essential.
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People or Children's Residential is essential.
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package.
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled virtual e-training and CPD planning.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference
to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from
you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the team will be in touch