£24500 - £32500 per annum
3 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a School Nurse to join a Special Educational Needs Residential School near Hook, Hampshire on a full-time and permanent basis. They provide support, both at home and school, for 28 children who have Autism and the most severe and complex learning difficulties.
Salary: £24,500-£32,457 per year dependent on experience and qualifications.
Hours: 162.5 hours per month.
Working weekends as part of the Care Management team, plus working up to 2 on-calls per month on the Care Management on-call rota.
This organisation is both home and school for 28 children who have Autism and the most severe and complex learning difficulties. Many of these children also have additional problems associated with autism and epilepsy, including self-injury, aggression and disruptive behaviour. The children live at the school for 52 weeks a year and is a home which provides education, leisure, play, outings and holidays. All children live in small family groups with their own staff who are responsible for their care and support programme and their social development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with GP's, surgeries and other health professionals.
- Ensuring medication and prescriptions are up to date and available as needed with recognised signatories.
- Maintaining accurate health records of all episodes of contact with a child.
- Supervision of visits by doctors and other health professionals to the school and visits required to hospitals and surgeries in the community.
- Manage contact with parents concerning the health needs of their children.
- Supporting the Health Team with staff training in the dispensing of medication, epilepsy and associated risk assessments.
- Coordinate immunisation with parents, GP's and the school health department.
- Observe, assess and monitor the children's health, development and emotional wellbeing, initiating action when necessary.
- Work weekends as part of the care management team.
- To care for all of the health needs of the children.
- To encourage a healthy lifestyle for children and staff.
- To liaise with other health professionals along with the multi-disciplinary team in the school.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Professional Nurse Qualification Level 1.
- Current registration with NMC.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Evidence of good practice.
- Minimum of 1 years' clinical experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Work flexibly and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
- Permission to live and work in the UK.
- Assessing vocational achievement Level 3 certificate (Previously A1 Award (D32, D33).
- First Aid certificate.
- Experience in working with children and young people with autism and learning difficulties.
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation applicable to a school and/or care environment.
- 35 working days holiday.
- Company based pension scheme.
- Private Health plan and Family Assistance Programme.
- Full and continuous training and development.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.