We have an AMAZING opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to join a fantastic 3-bed children’s residential service in the Yardley area of Birmingham (B27) rated “Good” with Ofsted, supporting children and young people between the ages of 9-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play games! Theme parks are certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £17,457- £18,050 (sleeps paid at £74 a night)
Up to 8 sleeps a month
Location:Yardley, Birmingham (B27 postcode)
Hours: Full time
Shift Pattern: 10 X 16 hour shifts per month
- 28 days annual leave
- Fantastic sleep rate of £74
- Opportunity to complete the Level 3 Children’s Residential Qualification - fully funded!!!!
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- Support and encourage educational engagement
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is Desirable
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 22.
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply"
www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candid permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.