We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
The type of individual we are looking for will have a can-do attitude but also have a gentle approach to the home and business. The client love to work with the young children and adults so making that difference will go a long way within the home.
- Salary: £21,320 - £26,395 (depended on experience)
- Location: Gloucester (GL1)
- Contract: Permanent
- Shifts: days, evening and weekends (must be able to do approx 5 sleep-ins per month, weekdays/weekends - additional salary around £5,039.16)
- Full training & induction with a development package
- Chance to complete a free Diploma / NVQ / QCF qualification whilst you work
- Company Pension scheme
- Mileage allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, this is the job for you!
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.