Well, we have a Brilliant opportunity for a Children's Residential Support Worker to join a fantastic Childrens's Home in Exeter. As a Support Worker, you will be supporting children between the ages of 8 -16 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
If you have a real passion for children in your care and want to do as much good you possibly can, then we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone that is resilient, driven, caring and will go that extra mile to be the best support worker these young adults need.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
Salary: £31,280 (Inclusive of sleeps)
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Sleeps Rota: 9am- 10pm sleep 7am
Shift pattern: Week 1 - Monday, Thursday, Sunday
Week 2 - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
(can be flexible with the shifts)
- Getting paid to go on bike rides and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Childrens Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Residential Support Worker is DESIRABLE
- You will have a DBS on the update service for a quick start! DESIRABLE
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is DESIRABLE
- Have a passion to support young adults
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.