£18900 - £25400 per annum + Extensive benefit package
about 1 year ago
Residential Support Worker / Senior Support Worker
NEW Residential Home Supporting Children & Young People
Near Wragby, Lincoln
Full Time ** Permanent From £18,908.44 to £25,467.37 per annum
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in care? Alongside being actively involved in shaping and influencing a residential environment?
Vetro are recruiting on behalf of a long-established provider of quality education and care services for both children and adults. Due to continued growth and an excellent reputation, we are in the process of supporting the opening of a NEW Residential Home for young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD) near Wragby.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate an empathy and who possesses the skills necessary to support young people with complex needs to develop and achieve their own goals. Alongside experience in mentoring / managing a staff team. To be a positive and reassuring presence in the house, supporting and maintaining a safe and respectful therapeutic living environment.
Current vacancies include:
- Residential Support Workers (day positions and night positions available)
- Senior Residential Support Workers (day positions and night positions available)
You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have a life-changing impact on another person. Your ambition for the young people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
What will I be doing?
Specific duties will vary between the different job roles, however core duties will include:
- To primarily work in the new Residential Home providing guidance, support and engagement.
- To contribute to the development of young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of a consistent and caring role model.
- To Support individuals towards managing their own behaviours and becoming as independent as possible within their own capabilities by using the skills and approved approaches learnt during the training provided.
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural and cultural needs of the pupils
What experience or qualifications would I need?
- A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others
- A strong team player
- Resilience to keep going at difficult times and ask for support if needed
- Driving licence with access to your own vehicle is required due to rural location
- For Senior positions, we ask for at least a Level 3 diploma in Health & Social Care.
What would I get in return?
- A competitive starting salary
- Overtime available
- Extensive and fully funded training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend
- Life assurance
- Staff meals whilst on shift
- Fully expensed off-site activities and trips to attend alongside our Residents
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them
- Fully funded DBS
If you are passionate about supporting Young People with Learning Disabilities / Autism and interested in this role please send your CV alongside a brief covering letter to confirm whether you wish to be considered for Days or Nights.
Referral Scheme At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone