£16878 - £20264 per annum + Join a new team!!
4 months ago
Residential Support Worker / Education & Children's Residential
Salary: £16,878 to £20,264 per annum
Hours: 37.5 - 45 hours per week
We are currently recruiting Residential Support Workers to work within a residential setting in Trowbridge, supporting Young People (16+) who have mild, moderate and severe autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex learning needs, including behavioural difficulties that need care and support. This home offers exciting opportunities for strong, enthusiastic and highly motivated staff looking for an opportunity to enable young people to live as independently as possible.
The service that we are recruiting for are part of a nationwide organisation offering career progression and training to all employees. They promote individually tailored programmes for each young person, from leisure and life skills and training within the community, work experience, alongside ongoing education and care. Fundamentally enabling every young person to live as independently as possible.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be a key member of a new team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care providing service users with the opportunity to experience independent living in a range of different settings. Providing a "home from home" environment, alongside a great working ethos supported by a dedicated team of staff. You will possess a naturally caring approach to enable you to build relationships with both young people supported and their families; encouraging and supporting the planning of goals and living as independently as possible.
- The role will require individuals to work flexibly and to undertake shift work including early shifts, late shifts and weekends.
- have experience with young people with challenging, complex and diverse needs and who preferably have some knowledge of autistic spectrum disorders and asperger's syndrome;
- (QCF) level 3 Diploma in relevant care/children & young people related area is desirable however the opportunity to complete this qualification within six months of joining is expected from all employees.
- Experience with young people with challenging, complex and diverse needs and who preferably have some knowledge of autistic spectrum disorders and asperger's syndrome.
- A clean driving licence with at least 3 years driving experience is essential.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 year's experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone