Up to £8.45 per hour + Full training provided!
16 days ago
Residential Support Worker
- NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / FULL TRAINING GIVEN
£8.45 P/H Full Time & Part Time / Permanent
- varied working pattern over a seven day rota and will include sleep-ins and bank holidays
Vetro Recruitment are currently looking for full time and part time support workers in a New Supported Living Service in Plymouth. You'll be working with autistic adults and their families in a supported living environment. We are looking for support workers that will be part of this exciting new development in supporting adults on the autistic spectrum transition into their new home. As a Support Worker you will have a comprehensive induction, you will also get the opportunity to complete your QCF Level 2 and 3 in Health & Social Care, ALL fully funded!
The service comprises of support to a single person living in a self contained flat and support to up to 5/6 individuals living in a shared house. The support is person centred to enable those whom we support to live and gain independent living skills and access activities within the community.
Your working pattern will be varied over a seven day rota and could include sleep-ins and bank holidays.
Requirements as a Support Worker:
As a Support Worker you will be supporting individuals in their home, ensuring residents feel happy, safe and fulfilled. All residents are encouraged to personalise and take ownership; the atmosphere reflects this and promotes a happy, healthy and enthusiastic ambience.
As a support worker you will be expected to work in the home to support in all aspects of the daily lives of the individuals. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties.
The successful candidates will be:
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- 33 days annual leave
- Industry leading induction, training and development programme
- Opportunity to do your QCF level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care, fully funded!
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- Autism specific reflective practice profession support
- Behavioural support training
- 24-hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of companies and retailers
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
If you have always wanted to become a support worker but have never had the opportunity due to lack of experience or qualifications, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
If you are already a support worker looking to for a new challenge, this role could offer your career the stepping stone to new opportunities working alongside other care professionals.
What happens next:
Interviews/Assessment day will be held Mid November 2018 commencing all candidates applying will be asked to attend the assessment day. If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online". One of the team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.