£18200 - £19552 per annum
8 months ago
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join a fantastic Residential School based in Maldreth, Cambridgeshire. The service is a CQC 'Outstanding' registered care home and offer flexible 52-week residential placements, specialising in supporting young people with severe and profound learning difficulties and complex health needs.
In your new role as a Support Worker, you will be trained to use a number of techniques to empower residents to express their likes, dislikes, wants, needs and aspirations and ensure every day at is fulfilling for the Young People.
- Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £18,200 - £19550 dependant on experience and qualification
- Shift pattern: Early (7:30am - 4:00pm or 7:30am - 1:30pm) Late shift (12:00pm - 9:00pm) or long days 7:30am - 9:00pm)
- Full time permanent position
The home is equipped with specialist equpment such as sensory rooms, hydrotherapy pools and an ICT suite for the Young People to utlise and extra curricular activities are encouraged throughout.
Roles and Responsibilies
- Providing exceptional high levels of care during all daily activities including washing dressing, socialising and learning.
- Assisting the young adults during hydrotherapy and rebound therapy sessions
- Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the young adults to grow and develop
- Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable
- Independence is prompted wherever is possible, the adults will often run their own days with what they like to do, so you could be helping make things in the sites enterprise scheme, going on shopping trips, taking part in forestry lessons or even going to the pub!!
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the young adults that we work with. So whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it's not essential. What's more important to us is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference.
What we can offer you
- Full training and continued support
- Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in HSC which will be fully funded
- Part time hours available if required
- Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
- 30 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
To apply for this position, please call Alex on 029 21 660 880 or alterntaively you can apply via this job ad.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.