£22744 - £23656 per annum + full training+enhancements for overtime
21 days ago
Support Worker | Full Time | Permanent
Location; BS32 area | Car Drivers Required
Salary: £22,744.00 - £23,656.00
*based on a full-time Support Worker completing 8 'sleep-ins' per month
Do you want to help the children and young people in our care to fulfil their potential by enabling them to understand their past, live for today and look forward to a brighter future?
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to do just that!
Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with the young people, supporting them to achieve their potential and explore new opportunities and interests. Participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
The opportunity to earn £23,656.00 per annum (equivalent to a qualified, full-time Support Worker completing 8 'sleep-ins' per month) as well as an excellent opportunity to learn and progress. You will be supported to gain vocational qualifications which will help to ensure you can!
As a Support Worker, you'll be doing the following:
- Be the young person's champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
- Working as a team you will ensure the home is kept to a good standard in all aspects of house-keeping.
As a Support Worker you should be happy to work a shift rota system.
You will work on a rolling rota, so you always know where you are!
You will be expected to work alternate weekends
Due to the nature of the shifts and rota, you will work 9-11 shifts per month
Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is highly desirable
Successful applicants will ideally have some previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour.
HOWEVER, life experience is invaluable - if you have had to overcome challenges in your own life, you become relatable to the young people. The practical advice and support you would be able to provide from having "been there" yourself would be fantastic.
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.