Supporting vulnerable people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the people you support, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have an exciting new opportunity for Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC Residential Service based in Griffithstown, supporting adults between the ages of 18-65 with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £16,579 inclusive of sleep in shifts
Location: Griffifthstown, Torfaen
Hours: 30 hours per week
Shift pattern: 7:30am - 7:30pm, 3:30pm - 10pm or 3:30pm - 10pm with a sleep in shift (paid at £62 p/night)
We also have Waking Nights available
About the Role
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a 30 hour working contract and you will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joiningthe team and your duties will include:
- Providing support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, Autism and physical disabilities.
- Must have a passion for making a difference in people's lives.
- Providing support within supported living services with daily living and household tasks as well as supporting individuals in the community with activities such as going to the cinema and enjoying meals out.
- Providing personal care which also involves manual handling and peg feeding.
- Up to 33 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays).Flexible shift patterns.
- Working as part of a supportive team.
- Healthcare Scheme
- Fully paid training and assistance to achieve QCF qualifications.
- Employee Benefit Scheme
- Experience within a care setting is desirable but not essential.
- Must be flexible, energetic and resilient with a good work ethic.
- You must have a full UK drivers licence due to the nature of the role.
- You must be over the age of 21 do to the needs of the people you will be supporting.
- Willing and be ccomfortable with providing personal care.
- Must be willing to register with Care Standards.
- Due to the needs of the services, we are only able to accept applications from those who are local to the area.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the vulnerable people with? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.