Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£17680 - £19000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We have a great opportunity for experienced Support Workers to join Children's Residential Service providing therapeutic care and support to Young People with Emotional & Behavioural Disorders.
The home provides support to up to 3 Young People based in the area of Low Hill, Wolverhampton
Salary & Hours
- £17680 - £19000 depending on experience
- £50 sleep-in shifts
- 7:30 am - 10:30 pm
- 1 shift on, two shifts off
As a Children's Residential Support Worker you will be expected to work in the home and to support the children & young people in all aspects of their daily lives. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties.
- To assist children and young people with their daily independent living skills
- Work within Ofsted requirements and policies to ensure that children and young people are consistently supported to a high standard
- Develop an understanding of the specific needs of the children and young people in your home.
- Welcome families and visitors to the home and encourage their involvement in planning learning opportunities for the children and young person.
- Support and encourage communication skills
- Personal development with NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People
- Minimum age of 23 due to the needs of the Young People
- Full UK manual licence with access to own vehicle.
- At least 6 months experience in working with Young People with Emotional & Behavioural Disorders in a residential setting
- QCF Level 3 Children & Young People preferable but not essential
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively, you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
We have a fantastic referral scheme where you can earn up to £250 per referral. Please get in touch for more information.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.