£18330 - £23202 per annum + ongoing training + level 3 care diploma!
about 2 months ago
Full Time Permanent Positions available for Education & Children's Residential service!
Location: Surrey (KT6)
Salary: £18,330 - £23,202 (Salaries will vary depending on the roles listed below:
- Senior Residential Support Workers
- Residential Support Worker (Days Only)
- Waking Night Residential Support Workers
We are currently recruiting for various support role, from Children's Residential Support Workers AND Senior Support Workers to work within a residential setting set amongst beautiful and tranquil Surrey countryside (KT6). You will be supporting Children & Young People (8-19) with complex needs, autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. This specialist provision offers exciting opportunities for strong, enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals looking for an opportunity to help the children supported take steps to fulfilling their absolute potential.
The service that we are recruiting for are part of a nationwide organisation offering career progression and training to all employees. Promoting individually tailored programmes for every child & young person, alongside exceptional residential care and award winning education. As a Residential Support Worker you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support, complimented by a "home from home" environment. You will possess a naturally caring approach, to enable you to build relationships with both children and young people supported and their families.
General Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Participating in a wide range of individually tailored programmes, involving exciting recreational events; within both the home and the community.
- Assisting with daily practical living, such as cooking cleaning and general domestic tasks.
- To maintain accurate and clear record keeping alongside written and oral communication skills.
- Supporting individual's with personal care will be required.
- Residential Support Worker & Senior Support Worker (Days) - cover 13 hour days (45.5 hour weeks) from 7:30am - 8:30pm, with alternate weekends off
- Waking Night Support Worker: 8:30pm - 7:30am (38.5 hour weeks), with alternate weekends off
- A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others.
- (QCF) level 2 Diploma in relevant care/children & young people related area is essential if you wish to be considered for a Senior Support Worker role. However, the opportunity to complete this qualification within six months of joining is expected from all employees looking to join at entry level Support Work.
- Experience working with children and young people with challenging, complex and diverse needs and who preferably have some knowledge of autistic spectrum disorders and asperger's syndrome is desirable.
- Overtime available
- Extensive training, career development and comprehensive induction provided
- Pension / Life Assurance
- Staff meals provided whilst on shift
- DBS costs met by organisation
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest or you would simply like to discuss further ... please click "Apply Online". We will then be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 year's experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.