Supporting vulnerable adult patients with mental health care needs, you will have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide first class treatment to each patient in your care in an often busy environment. We are actively seeking experienced Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to join our team at Vetro Recruitment for flexible shifts and block-bookings at Bryngolau Ward, the Adult Mental Health Unit at Prince Philip Hospital in Llanelli.
***Immediate starts available. ***
Job Type: Flexible agency work. Block bookings up to 3 months also available FT or PT
Shifts: Early, Late, Long Day or Night
£20.00 to £33.00 (PAYE)
£25.86 to £42.66 (FCSA accredited Umbrella)
About the Role:
The ward takes admissions of adults with a range of needs including functional illnesses and behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia from the Carmarthenshire and wider Hywel Dda University Health Board area. We are looking for experienced RMN Staff Nurses who are committed towards helping to improve and deliver the highest standards of person centred assessment and care to older adults on a 15 bedded unit. You will be working within an multi-disciplinary team which consists of Doctors, Nurses, Healthcare Support Workers, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Pharmacists, using a collaborative approach to solve and manage problems for the patients in your care.
The ward is an excellent learning environment for all grades and professions. The ward actively utilises Dementia Care Mapping to inform care planning and improve service delivery for its patients.
The successful applicants must have an interest working with older adults, possess excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate a willingness to develop in the staff nurse role and as a member of the team.
In return the successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a great team working in a rewarding environment with the opportunity to further develop their skills through training, support and regular supervision. If you think you have the right skills, qualities and values to make the most of this post then we would like you to hear from you.
We have ongoing, flexible shifts available with either full or part-time hours to suit your availability. We are especially interested to hear from RMNs who are compassionate, committed and have experience nursing in Older Adult Mental Health settings. You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients, providing a first class service and commitment to making a difference in the lives of these patients and their families.
Duties will include:
- Administering medication
- Reviewing and planning care for patients
- The implementation of care and treatment plans
- Liaising with other professionals to deliver care to patients, including liaising with families.
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, PAYE and Umbrella welcome
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Agency worker of the month
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training
- Free nurse revalidation with our in-house Vetro nurse
- Access to NHS & private sector vacancies
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday pay, contributed pension
- Free uniform
- £250 Referral Bonus
- You must be an RMN with at least 6 months relevant and recent experience
- You must hold a valid NMC PIN
- Up-to-date training certificates - All Wales Passport Practical Training (Moving & Manual Handling AND Violence & Aggression Training)
- Right to work in the UK
Can you deliver a holistic and therapeutic approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of patients in your care? Does this sound like an opportunity you would be interested in? Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Watch our ‘About Us’ by clicking on the below link:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.