£25000 - £35000 per annum
23 days ago
Role: Science Teacher
Salary: Dependent on experience - Negotiable at Interview
Start date: ASAP following DBS and Reference Checks
Vetro Education are delighted to be working with this innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Vetro Education have direct instruction to assist with the recruitment of a Science Teacher to join an extremely dynamic Science team at this Independent Specialist College in Dorset.
This specialist College is located in a fabulous setting of a Grade 2 listed building and extends into the extensive grounds that are recognised as an 'area of outstanding natural beauty'.
The college was opened in September 2017 after a redevelopment of this historic site which now provides a contemporary specialist learning and living environment for young people aged 16-25 with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Asperger's Syndrome, anxiety and mental health conditions, resulting in communication and social difficulties that impact their lives.
The College is growing at a rapid pace and the passionate and committed team are looking for like-minded people come and join them in developing it as an outstanding provision.
The Teacher / Lecturer will be responsible for high quality teaching and learning of Science to students, having responsibility for their progress, welfare and outcomes. You will supervise the work of any support staff who are assigned to work with students, and have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which teachers work. You will take responsibility for implementing college policies and practice, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity, be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be able to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Provide leadership across the college in a designated subject or curriculum area, this to include:
- Deliver a dynamic programme of Science subject
- monitoring quality and standards
- contributing to college planning and self-evaluation
- providing professional support to other teachers and support staff
- advising the Vice Principal on appropriate resources and materials
- leading appropriate professional development
- PGCE / CertEd or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
- Experience of working in a post-16 college environment
- Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated curriculum to students with a wide range of needs
- Knowledge and experience of supporting age range and of students with ASD and associated complex needs
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and/or DOLs procedures
- Experience of a range of approaches to managing and de-escalating challenging behaviours
Be part of our successful team and benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Training and Development
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid holiday
- Free onsite parking
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates.
We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.