£65 - £80 per day
7 months ago
We are currently seeking to recruit Cover supervisors to work in Secondary Schools in and around the Monmouthshire LEA. The roles are Full time, part time and on a Ad hoc basis and schools often require cover for various areas of the school. The requirements will include covering classes with pupils between the ages of 11-15 Years of age. Cover Supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining Teachers 'non-contact' periods.
**Are you a teaching assistant looking to learn new skills and open career opportunities?**
**Are you a FE qualified teacher who wants to share their passion for learning?**
**Do you have experience working with children and would like to make a career from it?**
This is a great opportunity for anyone currently working in the education system. We can offer you experience in a wide range of settings, which will enable you to further develop your knowledge and experience whilst building upon career goals.
Not sure if being a Cover Supervisor is for you? Contact us to find out more about our Introduction to Cover Supervising courses
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor?
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Delivering the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
What are the qualifications required to be a Cover Supervisor?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Graduate Degree/Certificate in Education
- Experience in Lecturing
- Honours Degree
- Teaching assistant or Cover Supervisor experience up to 6 months
What Skills and Qualities do you need to be a Cover Supervisor?
- Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- Be confident, organised, diplomatic
- Good classroom management is essential
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Experience of working with secondary aged children
- The ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- A knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
To be a Cover Supervisor You will need to have a strong work ethic as you will be undertaking a wide range of responsibilities within the classroom.
- Cover Supervisor Salary: £60 to £90 depending on experience and qualifications
- School Hours and term time only
- Location: Monmouthshire
Benefits of working as a cover supervisor for Vetro include:
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- Excellent rates of pay
- NO PAYROLL CHARGES!
- CV writing support and interview preparation
- Training opportunities including our free Cover Supervisor course.
- Holiday pay (option to accrue or have it paid on top of your wage)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.www.vetrorecruitment.co.ukVetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are made on merit alone.