£60 - £90 per day
7 months ago
This is a great opportunity for those who have a qualification in the post 16+ sector or any graduates that want to go into the education sector. We can offer you experience in a wide range of settings, which will enable you to further develop your knowledge and experience whilst building upon career goals.
We are currently seeking to recruit Cover supervisors to work in Secondary Schools in and around Caerphilly. The roles are Full time, part time and on a Ad hoc basis but schools often require cover for various areas of the school. The requirements will include covering classes with pupils between the ages of 11-15 Years of age. Cover Supervisors were introduced as a way of maintaining Teachers 'non-contact' periods.
Are you approachable, reliable and flexible and able to meet the needs of the schools? Then Apply Today.
You will need to have a strong work ethic as you will be undertaking a wide range of responsibilities within the classroom.
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Weekly pay runs
- NO PAYROLL CHARGES!
- Flexible working hours
- CV writing support and interview preparation
- Training opportunities
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Employee of the month £50-£250 Love2Shop voucher per person you recommend
- Holiday pay (option to accrue or have it paid on top of your wage)
Working as a Cover Supervisor can be very rewarding but also very demanding. The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher. As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include: collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
Role and Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Graduate Degree/Certificate in Education
- Experience in Lecturing
- Honours Degree
- Cover Supervisor experience up to 6 months
Skills and Qualities:
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
- Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- Be confident, organised, diplomatic
- Good classroom management is essential
- Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.