Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£90 - £120 per day
4 months ago
Salary: £90 - £120 per day
As a Teacher of English you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards within their subject area.
In order to be considered for this role the successful candidate will be a fully qualified teacher or a Newly Qualified Teacher and ideally have experienced of covering both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 classes.
English Teacher Role and Responsibilities:
- Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
- Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students
- Ensuring that ICT, Literacy and Numeracy are part of the teaching and learning experience of students.
- Ensuring a high quality learning experience for students, which meets internal and external quality standards.
- Preparing and regularly updating subject materials.
- Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the UTC Swindon procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and independent learning.
- Undertaking assessment of study.
- Engaging with employers to develop learner employability skills, ensuring work related learning experiences are at the core of the UTC curriculum
- Ensuring all students understand the expected standards of behaviour and be prepared to intervene where these are standards are not followed
- Ensuring a safe, secure and healthy environment for students
- Excellent Rates of pay
- No Payroll fees
- Option to accrue or roll up holiday pay
- Quick Registration
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Love2Shop vouchers for anyone you recommend
It is essential to have Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) if you plan to work at an LEA school. There are three main ways of gaining QTS:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP)
- School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
Duties will include:
- Planning creative and stimulating music lessons across the curriculum
- Communicating with parents, teachers, administrative staff
- Marking and assessment
- Contributing to school events
- Classroom management
- Monitoring progress of pupils
- Assessing knowledge through tests/assignments.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.