£21000 - £23515 per annum + £77.50 sleep in shift rate
about 1 month ago
Are you looking for a new role during these difficult times? We can help you!
*** NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
We are recruiting for passionate and enthusiastic Support Workers to join a Specialist Independent SEN Residential School in Hook, Hampshire.
Salary: £21,000 - £23,515 per year. This is a basic salary of £17,394 - £18,794 plus an additional £77.50 per sleep-in shift. You would be required to work 4-6 sleep in shifts per month.
Hours: Full-Time and permanent. Shifts are 7:30am - 8pm / 11:30am - 10pm. Shifts are worked on a 2-week rolling rota. You will need to be flexible to accommodate this.
Week 1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Week 2: Weds, Thurs, Fri (7:30am - 11:30am)
About the Organisation:
This Residential School supports young people aged 8-19 who can no longer live at home because of their exceptional support needs.
You will be working within a 180-strong team to provide care and support for 52 weeks of the year to up to 30 students with complex learning disabilities. Due to the nature of the disabilities, the young people may also have additional needs such as severe autism, epilepsy, self-injury, aggression and general disruptive behaviours.
- To provide a high standard of care for the young people that you are supporting.
- Working as part of a team to ensure the children's emotional, behavioural, physical and intellectual needs are met.
- Following the child's Risk Assessment and Behaviour Guidelines at all times to ensure a consistent and safe approach is followed.
- Supporting the children in all aspects of their everyday life to help them make their needs known. This includes personal hygiene duties.
- Previous experience in working with young people with autism and complex needs or with challenging behaviours is an advantage.
- Must be dedicated, resilient, passionate and empathetic.
- You must be a car driver due to the location of the setting.
- Bonus scheme.
- Free Staff meals on shift.
- On-site parking.
- Generous referral scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Discounted gym membership.
** All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. **
Due to the current situation, Skype interviews are being held as opposed to meeting face-to-face, so we do require that you have a smartphone or computer - or access to one.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!