Do you have experience supporting children 1-2-1 with social and emotional mental health challenges?
Could you make a real difference to the children you work with?
We are looking for an experienced SEN teaching assistant, for a 1 year, long-term assignment in a SEN School in Aberdare.
***September start ***
Job Type: whole academic year placement
Pay: £65 to £70 per day
About the Role:
The role itself will see a Teaching Assistant support a secondary-aged pupil on a 1-2-1 basis, 5 days per week for the whole academic year. The pupil has social and emotional mental health difficulties and displays challenging behaviour and a reluctance to engage. Vetro and the school are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is committed and experienced in this type of work, who can make a real difference to the pupil they support.
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Approved NPS Framework Supplier in Wales
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- Support from an education-led consultant with a personal relationship
- Free Training
- Agency worker of the month
- Entry into our Golden Ticket competition to win £1000
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay - paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Contributed pension
- At least 3 months experience of working with children in schools, nurseries or similar
- Experience of supporting learners with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Be registered with the EWC (School Support Worker)
- References covering the last two years (no gaps)
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
- The Right to Work in the UK
Duties will include:
- Supporting learners with Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as other special educational needs
- Preparing the classroom alongside the class Teacher
- Working with learners in small groups/and or working 1:1
- Putting together displays of children’s work
- Helping out on school trips
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
Can you support and encourage children to flourish? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
If you would like to know more about Vetro please click the link below to see the “about us” video.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.